Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BANANA BREAD

This is a kind of bread loaf with an excellent banana flavor. My husband cooks this very well. I really like it.

To make is really simple and fun. Preheat oven to 350F degree. Grease an 8 ½ x4 ½ inch loaf pan. Whisk together thoroughly: 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon baking powder. In a large bowl, beat in high speed until lightened in color and mixture, 2 to 3 minutes 5 tablespoon salted butter and 2/3 cups sugar. Beat in the flour mixture until blended and the consistency of brown sugar. Gradually beat in 2 large eggs, lightly beaten. Fold in just until combined 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas. Scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before unfolding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am fond of bananas. I ate them dried and baked but I've never heard that there are banana loafs! What a miracle! I'd like to ry it one day.