Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Friday, May 30, 2008

Kinilaw na Tuna (Ceviche Tuna)

I’ve been craving this kind of food since I never had this for almost over a year staying here in United States. I remembered when I was in Philippines, my mother used to make kinilaw na bolinaw(ceviche anchovies) for lunch or dinner and she made it so good!!! By the way, that’s the thing why I’m craving of kinilaw and missed the taste of it.
When I went shopping in grocery store and passing by in seafood aisle, something catches my attention, the ahi tuna steak. It is looks fresh coz of its redness and the price is not bad too. I thought also of making kinilaw for dinner and kinilaw na tuna is good. So I grab 4 steaks and put in the cart.
Making kinilaw na tuna is very easy. You just need the following: of course tuna fillets cut into cubes, vinegar(coconut wine is good), lemons, scallions, red onion, ginger, cucumber, red pepper and tomato is optional, salt and a little bit of monosodium glutamate.
How to make? First is soaking the tuna in vinegar solution and put some of the lemon juice. Then add ginger, onions, scallions, cucumber - by slicing or chopping.
Combine and mix all ingredients. Pour some salt and monosodium glutamate for better taste. Serve immediately. It’s really good especially when you put chili to make it spicy. For me, I just put some chops of jalapeno... delicious!




5 comments:

Sweetiepie said...

Wow kalami sa kinilaw jud, sus naglaway jud ko dri, gigutom nalang ko wla pa raba koy dinner k wla ko kabalo unsa ako kaonon!

lady_blue said...

whahaha..as in tested and proven jud ni na kinilaw.YUMMY! make more myles huh?then send me more..hehehehe...

eva said...

wow miss ko na rin kinilaw.

HulaGirl said...

wow kalami ana oi, bt lahi mn ila kinilaw dri wala mn suka2... akung bahin na kinilaw mylen asa na?

ღ Ms. Joy mH ღ said...

hmmm...kinilaw is one of my pinoy dish!!! Miss it so much, especially with grilled pork!!!hmmmm